Past-times


Past-times

I am done with over-thinking every single aspect of my life, but the thing is that's all I ever do. But I am done with it. I think I'm turning selfish. Perhaps I always have been, but no one has ever bothered to tell me. But no matter how selfish, diverse, how complex I am, I have been raised to realize that the world is too wide and too large to rotate around me. I may not have a stellar reputation, I may not have a brilliant mind, I may not be perfect, but I know I'm just me. And I absolutely hate being put on a pedestal. Most people do, and I am Goddamned tired of trying to push through every man, woman and child who put me there. I have no idea where that version of me is anymore, that version that embodied victory and hard work. Maybe I set that version aside, maybe it's gone, but damn this all to hell. I'll be back there. I'll be that kid again. I'll be damn victorious again.

No comments:

Post a Comment