dis · ap · point



dis · ap · point

Ever since I watched Inception, this quote from Cillian Murphy's character (Robert Fischer, Jr.) got stuck inside the recesses of my mind: "At the end he called me into his deathbed, he could barely speak but he took the trouble to tell me one last thing. He pulled me close and I could only make out one word, "disappointed"." 

Sometimes, I believe it's easier to know what people think about you than to just second guess. What hurts the most is when they just don't have the heart to tell it to your face. Maybe it's because they care too much or maybe they they feel like they're doing you a big favor not telling you. But lately I've been thinking, maybe the next big thing I should do is tattoo the word disappointment to my chest and show it to the world, especially to my sweet mother and my kind father. I can sense that they're basically dying to break and shout all their pent-up emotions to my face. Me being a disappointment and whatnot. I can see it etched into their faces, I can see it in the gestures their hands make and I can hear it clearly in the sighs they express. They think me to be fragile enough not to handle whatever they throw at me. But what they can't see is that I'm already a piece of shattered glass at their feet, trying desperately to build myself up once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment