1:43 AM

people keep saying “you ruined me” 
it’s funny
ludicrous even
because
i was the one who kept playing with fire
i was the one who watched the smoke rise
i keep hearing all this shit when all i keep thinking of is how i ruined myself
i broke my own heart
i lost myself
i lost my shit
how i fucked this all up

it’s crass
it’s rude
it’s unladylike but shit
this is the truth
and the truth is like that
it doesn’t strive to be pretty
it is what it is
and it was what i was
and perhaps still am
destroyed
decaying 
and slowly becoming my own 
version of a skeleton
left with all my morality

i kept searching for things that i wasn’t meant to have
i became the storm that i myself feared
i wrecked havoc in what should have been a holy land of sorts
i stopped living what was supposed to be my life for a bit
i started living vicariously through others
fictional friends mixed with flesh and bone ones
i started sitting in the middle of my own precipice
and dangled my foot in the waters of danger
i might’ve lost my 

m n d 


here 

       and 
              then

there were people warning me of what i could become
my mother kept asking for honesty
my father kept telling my of candidness
but all i did was retreat and retreat into my most intimate demon
i kept everything to myself to the point that a slight push could set me off
and i did
i cracked, 
shattered 
and exploded 
without anyone noticing
but i guess that’s what demons do
shot glasses suddenly became closer friends
with alcohol providing minuscule portions of strength
and borrowed lighters became playmates
with burnt fingers and hot palms a distraction
my pillows and my tears would constantly have a conversation 
and i 
s l o w l y
f o r g o t
what sleep was

and perhaps all this was a side effect of all that medication


or maybe this is the side effect of living

if it's any of the two
i wouldn't know
or 
i would not 
be 
sure
of
which to 
g i v e 
u p

No comments:

Post a Comment