wildfire

I lit a candle for you and me
And everything else I hoped we could be

But in a heartbeat, things changed 
From sunrise to sundown, from sun to rain

You came back like a daydream 
Your eyes sparkling, all full of gleam

But like a fantasy, you faded fast
And as usual, you were never made to last

I wanted to keep you
But it won't do

So you'll disappear again
Into the clouds, into the glen

And then when I decide to give up
I bet, you'll be back to mess my head up

I don't hope for kisses, I only hope for hugs
I don't plan to be your girl, the type that bugs

But maybe if you take a chance

Would you take this dance?


You are fire, I am ice
I am telling you now, I am occasionally nice

But if you decide to thaw my heart
Then perhaps, we would not part

You are fire and I am ice
But bear in mind, I have no time for lies


No comments:

Post a Comment