sad stories

mother forgive me
i have become my own favourite 
sob story
i am so shrouded in the dark
and i don’t know how else to be happy
it feels like the light has gone from life
and everything has turned black and white
without it meaning to be
i have come to terms with my demons
and met more
with bloodshot and blood red eyes
they hold out their hands 
begging me to come away with them
they have snow white hair, mother
but some as black as the night
they warned me
oh how they warned me
that the stories that i fell in love with
would become my own
but i fell in love 
so hard so fast
with stories of strife and pain
of tears and sacrifice
of fantasy and beyond
oh mother how do i come back to reality
when they use roses to seduce me
i have swore off cigarettes
but they have fountains of wine 
and a sip is never enough
but in the end i am still
drunk on sadness and despair
oh mother all this doesn’t make me strong
i am still afraid of ghosts and ghouls
with even sadder stories than that

of those i heard before

No comments:

Post a Comment