almost is never enough

I must admit that at one time you were all that I ever wanted
You and your smooth words were enough
And your eyes were my treasure to keep

But you and me together, we're toxic

I was the one hidden in the shadows
It was me who was stuck in second place
We were the ones too shy for everyone

And then it all fell into place

I realized it was a love/hate relationship 
And maybe it was a good one at first
But it was something meant for the movies

And sooner or later someone was going to end up hurt

Funnily enough, that person was me

Oh God, no. It's not your fault wholly
It's ours both

I shouldn't have fallen
I shouldn't have said

I should've learned not to get it all in my head

But time and time again, I never knew where I stood

So now here I am

Worlds away from you



No comments:

Post a Comment