wicked games

If I am a game to you, then so be it
Appearances be damned, let the fires be lit

If I am to end in tears, then I shall wait
Up to the time I bite the bait

If I am to be tormented by beautiful dreams 
I shall sleep until the world ceases to be what it seems

If I am a passing fancy, and we become nothing but a fallacy
Then I shall be your best momentary fantasy

If I am to be used, but not to be abused
I will be silent until I am pushed 

If am to be damaged, to be worn and torn
Then goodbye, I must remain forlorn

It's so hard to keep holding on when you're grasping straws

It's too tedious to try and allow something to breathe when it's much choked up inside

It's such an effort to dispel all doubts in a curious mind

It's a struggle to keep building when the ground has given way

It's messing with my head and hurting my heart

It's painful to think that maybe, I'm not your girl 


No comments:

Post a Comment