strange tides

“You are the seashore, I am the wave

We both know that I can’t stay”



Then perhaps it’s true
I was all a game to you

I hope you had fun
Because my mourning time has begun

Somehow I feel more than ordinary
But you make me sound mandatory

But perhaps that’s the way it is
The bad boy and the good girl really don’t kiss

She’ll be shedding the tears
He’ll be telling his fears

But somewhere in the middle
They’re both an unsolved riddle

You always leave me wanting more
Your riddles, your tales, your own folklore

You’ve spun your words into melodies
I can’t help but wait out its entirety 

Perhaps all I can do is look yonder
After all, they say “Absence makes the heart grow fonder”

But if only you knew
That I plan to latch onto you

But damn straight, you’ve stolen me
Mind, heart, soul, just let me breathe

“Checkmate!” you can claim
“Bullseye!” you’ve got good aim

We’re dancing on for the circus
I can hear the strong curses

I can hear the fanfare
We’re here, we’re there, we’re everywhere

If I told you I’d wait
Would you think it a bait?

If I promise to be true
Would you do so too?

I have a hunch you’ll hesitate
And tell me “Go to sleep, it’s late”

But you’ll be stealing my lines
My heart and my soul divine

But I don’t know where this road ends
I can see twists, turns and bends

But if I know that you really are willing to try

I can say, we’ll make it through okay, alright and alive

No comments:

Post a Comment